Sunday 25 April 2010

A 'nippy' night out in Guildford

After living in Guildford for a year, I am still a novice of the nightlife in Guildford. I have not explored Guildford much at night. Maybe, I was being lazy. Maybe, I didn't have anyone to go out with. Maybe, I didn't want to bump into my students while I was getting drunk and silly (I laugh a lot when I am drunk). There are a lot of maybe. The point is I don't go out much at night in Guildford. Last night, I decided to break the mole and went out with my flatmate for a drink and a meal. Honestly and sadly, we only had one drink. Our night out was brief. We would love to stay longer and had more drinks, but it was freezing in the pub (White House) or, at least, at where we were siting. We were sitting inside, but facing the outdoor area. The partition separating the indoor and outdoor areas was wide open. While it is now spring, the temperature at night can still feel like winter i.e. freezing. Because of where we were sitting, we were constantly being 'attacked' by the winter-like draught. We couldn’t migrate to another table as the pub as pretty jam packed. It was Saturday night after all. As much as we tried to be 'tough' (we were wearing our jackets), we could not bear anymore of the 'cold attack'. Having cold beer in a cold environment was too cold to handle. After an hour at the pub, we decided to call it the night. Although our night out was brief and cold, we had a good time. We had a nice meal and a huge glass of Peroni (an Italian beer). Therefore, it was 'nippy' (speedy and cold) night out in Guildford.

No comments:

Post a Comment