Saturday 1 May 2010

A week without debit card - How do I cope? (cont)

1st May - I travelled to Berkshire to visit some friends. I bought my train ticket, some groceries and a bottle of wine (Pinot Noir) with cash. I still manage to spend even without my debit card.

2nd May - I paid my haircut with cash. I bought some newspapers on the way home and paid with cash as well. I did not spend a dime after that.

3rd May - I went back to Guildford. I worked in the office a little bit as I had a number of MSc proposals to mark. I went to watch Iron Man 2 which was 'so so'. I had lunch at Wagamama which was my second choice. My first choice was Nando's, but the waitress was rude to me and also they ran out of chicken. What would Nando's sell when they ran out of chicken? Beef burgers? I paid all my expenses with cash.

4th May - I had an early workout at the gym. I went to Tesco to get some food for dinner, including kebabs, tomatos and wild rocket. I also bought some breakfast from Tesco as I was starving my gym session. I went to work as I had a MSc meeting. I spent £1.30 on two chocolate bars. I came home at around 5ish and went to the shop to get some milk and a bag of fresh fries. Again, I paid all my transactions with cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment