Friday 17 December 2010

Never ditch your guests at a party, period!

This blog is about me ditching my guests, consisting of work colleagues and friends, at a dinner party that I co-host with my flatmate, Avital. Not only I woke up with a minor hang over this morning, I also woke up with a sense of guilt and shame. I have embarrassed myself again!

Towards the end of the dinner party, I unintentionally, went to bed without saying good night to my guests. My behaviour is inexcusable! I cannot say enough how shameful and embarrassed I am about my party etiquette. Yes, it had been a long day. I had an appraisal meeting with the Head of the Division and School, I had two lectures to deliver, and I had to prepare and cook the dinner. Still, I should have never, never ditched my guests at my own dinner party. Other than apologising, how else I can redeem myself?

Pic 1 - starters

Putting my inexcusable sleeping behaviour aside, I think I have cooked a nice dinner for my guests. For starters, we served dim sum (Sainsbury's), crumbed Mozzarella (Sainsbury's), and prunes wrapped in prosciutto (homemade) (see picture 1). For main courses, I cooked satay chicken (satay = a Malaysia peanut-chili sauce), Pad-Thai prawns with seasonal vegetables, and stir-fried pak choys with cherry tomatoes (see picture 2). For dessert, Avital made tiramatsu and it was very yummy.

Pic 2 - Pad-Thai prawns
Going back to my little saga, there is a number of lessons I can learn from it. First, I will discipline myself in terms of my drinking in future parties. I will really pace how much I drink even though there is a plenty of free alcohols being served at a party. Second, I will never desert my guests at a party. I will stay alert until the end of my party, say goodbye to my guests and probably give them a hug. Third and final, I will help cleaning after my party. Poor Avital, she tidied, put the dirty dishes into the dish washing machine, transferred the leftover to the containers, emptied and put the wine bottles into the recycle bin. Thank you for the hard work, Avital.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is interesting. I had the great pleasure of visiting him.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete