Tuesday 5 March 2013

Back to reality

Spring is here; the sun is shinning and you smell the fresh grass busting from the ground. It has been two weeks since I returned from Malaysia. I miss my family dearly, my desirable life, personal and working, is here in UK. I have not written on my blog for a while and thus my writing fluency has suffered. I generally enjoy my job very much, but there are times I feel "throwing the towel" and call it quit. Occasionally I feel ungratified with the ratio of my workload & pay. Some people may argue that I am being unrealistic and ungrateful, maybe I am? Being an academic, one of our gratification stems from quality students, whom demonstrates original & critical thinking. This expectation is particularly expected at MSc level. Sadly, this expectation is frequently unfulfilled and thus results in our constant demotivation and job dissatisfaction. I know there is not much I can do, as an individual to the quality of the student cohort at a university. Blogging is of my whinging outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment